How to draw Generalizaiton and Association?

Discussions about UML in general.

How to draw Generalizaiton and Association?

Postby justine » Tue Feb 24, 2004 4:39 am

Hi, My name is Justine, Kim. I'm a Korean. I can't speak english well. I'm sorry.

I have a problem with drawing a Generalization. How do you know that how to draw hollow trangle. You draw GraphNode?

I have a problem with drawing a Association's navigate symbol( > ). How do you know that how to draw navigate symbol. You draw GraphNode?

I having been drawn many snapshot using DI. But I don't know where to store Generalization's hollow triangle and Association's navigable symbol.

Message was edited by: justine
Justine, Kim
justine

Re: How to draw Generalizaiton and Association?

Postby [gw] Jesco von Voss » Wed Mar 10, 2004 4:03 pm

These kinds of symbols do not have to be present in the DI. How to draw a generalization is up to the individual tool. You have a GraphEdge, its SemanticModelBridge points to a Generalization -> you know that you have to draw a triangle arrowhead at the "parent" end. Also, the GraphNode for the AssociationEnd can check the AssociationEnd, find out if it is navigable, and draw an arrow or not.

The Diagram Interchange does not specify how to draw the individual elements - it is up to you whether you want to draw rounded arrowheads, animated, or with a 3D shadow. It specifies the layout of the diagram. The aim is to interchange between UML tools (that know how to draw generalizations), not between image editors (that know how to draw pixels).

JvV
Jesco von Voss
[gw] Jesco von Voss

Postby laila22 » Wed Oct 20, 2010 6:42 am

Hi,,
Thanks for a very valuable information,
Keep it up and Godspeed!
how to deal with depression
laila22

Return to UML