RoundTrip UML/Java Plug-in

Use this forum for general discussion.

RoundTrip UML/Java Plug-in

Postby jonny » Thu May 22, 2003 7:29 pm

What is the current timeline for deploying a working version of the RoundTrip UML/Java Plug-in?

I will not repeat the points others have made regarding the complete uselessness of this plug-in but, I will say that enabling this feature causes Poseidon PE (latest version) to lock-up.
Jonny Hinojosa
jonny

Re: RoundTrip UML/Java Plug-in

Postby [gw] Thorsten Sturm » Mon May 26, 2003 1:06 pm

The timeline is "as soon as possible". There is no detailed schedule for this yet, but we are already working on improving and fixing the plugin.

Thorsten
Thorsten Sturm
[gw] Thorsten Sturm

Postby matrim » Mon May 26, 2003 8:51 pm

how about removing it from the list of supported and working features if it is on the back burner? It is not really nice to be listing this as a feature that has a price tag on it since it does not really work yet and from your comments it apparently is being set aside while other higher priority items are taken care of.
Mike Kinsey
matrim

Postby [gw] Thorsten Sturm » Tue May 27, 2003 12:29 pm

I think you got me wrong. The plugin is neither set aside nor has it a lesser priority. It's just the other way round. Work on improvements for it is already in progress. But giving a fixed release date for it would currently just be a shot in the dark.

Thorsten
Thorsten Sturm
[gw] Thorsten Sturm

Postby jonny » Sat Aug 23, 2003 2:20 am

I have not looked at 2.0Beta yet but I'm sure that it is a good product.

I see no mention in your announcement of a working or even stable RoundTrip Plug-in. From
your web site:

"With the RoundTrip UML/Java Plug-in you can generate Java code from your UML model, edit
your code, reverse-engineer your code and synchronize with the model. This is especially
interesting with our tight integration in an IDE like Forte. Modeling and coding are not
separated anymore."

This plug-in is not and has never been stable enough to use in a production environment.

A significant factor in my decision to purchase the Professional version was this plug-in.
Do you have any plans to fix this plug-in? If so, what is the expected delivery date?

I like Poseidon and I use it everyday for many hours, but I would like it to function as
advertised.
Jonny Hinojosa
jonny

Postby [gw] Andreas Kanzlers » Mon Aug 25, 2003 10:17 am

Hi,
currently we're working on adapting the roundtrip-plugin
to Poseidon2.0 making it more stable. We can't definitlypromise that the roundtrip plugin will be released at the same time Poseidon2.0 will be released.

Kind regards
Andreas Kanzlers
Andreas Kanzlers
[gw] Andreas Kanzlers

Postby cbgenrich » Wed Oct 15, 2003 11:53 pm

It is now mid-October, 2003.

Can someone describe the stability/quirks of the round trip feature as of version 2.0.4 ???

-CB-
CB Genrich
cbgenrich

Postby [gw] Jesco von Voss » Mon Oct 20, 2003 3:42 pm

The Roundtrip plugin is working, we have fixed a few problems related to it. To check out how it works for yourself, you can evaluate the Professional Edition at http://www.gentleware.com/shop/eval.php4?item=300

JvV
Jesco von Voss
[gw] Jesco von Voss

Return to Poseidon for UML - Older Versions