Stereotypes and Tagged Values

Use this forum for general discussion.

Stereotypes and Tagged Values

Postby Guest » Mon Mar 31, 2003 12:31 pm

Hi,

I work with Poseidon CE version 1.6 under linux.
I am using UML Profiles and would like to ask a few questions about defining stereotypes and tagged values. First of all, when we declare a stereotype for an element, is there any link at all between this stereotype and the "Tagged Value Tab" of this element ?

There are 2 things that I would like to do in Poseidon. Now, I wonder what is the state of the art about these. If there is nothing done yet about these, then could anyone give me some advice on how I could write an extension to Poseidon in order to be able to do these ?

1- When a stereotype is selected for an element, I would like the list of the tagged values associated to this stereotype to appear in the "Tagged Values Tab" corresponding to this element.

2- I would like the user to be able to see on the diagram his stereotypes (and maybe tagged values too) attached to elements. I know Poseidon 1.6 does it for some ModelElements but not all of them. I was thinking of maybe attaching with a dashed line a kind of "Note" to elements that have stereotypes and tagged values defined.

Thanks a lot for your help,

Catherine.

Re: Stereotypes and Tagged Values

Postby [gw] Jesco von Voss » Tue Apr 08, 2003 9:53 am

Hi:

We are working on a full support for UML profiles. The first steps have been taken. The complete support as you outline it will be part of a future (near-future) version of Poseidon.

Also, an upcoming version will support the display of stereotypes in all diagrams and for all elements. This should not take too long.

JvV
Jesco von Voss
[gw] Jesco von Voss

Postby Guest » Tue May 06, 2003 9:21 am

I'm running into the same issues and need to decide whether it's worth to program my own plugin.

I need two additional features:
- a set of tagged values per stereotype (required)
- possibility to assign an icon per stereotype

What does 'a very near future release' mean? weeks? month?

Did anyone else already program a plugin that solves part of the problem?

Any advise appreciated,
Gunnar

gunnarwitschi@nul.gmx.ch (remove the nul. in the address for replies)

Postby Msquared » Fri May 07, 2004 7:27 am

Have these features been added yet?

... Msquared ...
Msquared
Msquared

Postby [gw] Thorsten Sturm » Fri May 14, 2004 9:15 am

The possibility to define a set of tag names for a stereotype and have them applied to each element the stereotype is assigned to is already part of Poseidon 2.x.

Attaching an icon to a stereotype has not yet been added but will be later this year.

Thorsten
Thorsten Sturm
[gw] Thorsten Sturm

Return to Poseidon for UML - Older Versions