Create stimuli in sequence diagrams

Use this forum for general discussion.

Create stimuli in sequence diagrams

Postby atleta » Wed Feb 11, 2004 3:31 pm

I browsed through the documentation and the forum topics, but I wasn't able to find how to add a create stimulus to the sequence diagram. There is an appropriate button in the toolbar but it doesn't seem to work, or at least I wasn't able to figure out what to do after selecting it.

If I create two objects and then select the 'create stimulus' and draw a line between the two objects then it creates a normal (synchronous) call from the lifeline of object1 to the lifeline of object2. While I would expect it to point to object2 itself (as the documentation suggests). Is there a way to make this happen or is it a known (or unknown :) ) bug?

Thanks
atleta
atleta

Re: Create stimuli in sequence diagrams

Postby [gw] Jesco von Voss » Mon Mar 15, 2004 2:55 pm

I can't reproduce the problem. I create two objects, select the create stimulus, and this is what I get (see attachment). It must be a special case for your diagram. How exactly does your diagram look like? You can of course not add a create stimulus after other stimuli arrive at this object or leave it.

JvV
Jesco von Voss
[gw] Jesco von Voss

Postby Guest » Tue May 11, 2004 6:24 pm

Jesco
Could you go into greater detail as to how you got this to work? I have the same exact problem as the originator of this thread. The following steps do not work for me:
1. Click the "Object" icon.
2. Click on the diagram window. This causes the object to appear in the diagram window.
3. click the "object" icon.
4. Click the diagram window. This causes a second object to appear in the diagram window.
5. client the "Create" icon.
6. Click on the first object and drag to the second object. The result is that a Call Stimulus is created between the two objects instead of a create Stimulus.

Postby Guest » Tue May 11, 2004 6:25 pm

Sorry, Step 5 above should read "Click the "Create" icon."

Postby [gw] Jesco von Voss » Wed May 26, 2004 6:19 pm

Strange. I did the exact same thing. The create stimulus is the second arrow button.

JvV
Jesco von Voss
[gw] Jesco von Voss

Postby nielsen522 » Sat Mar 27, 2010 3:23 pm

Guest wrote:Jesco
Could you go into greater detail as to how you got this to work? I have the same exact problem as the originator of this thread. The following steps do not work for me:
1. Click the "Object" icon.
2. Click on the diagram window. This causes the object to appear in the diagram window.
3. click the "object" icon.
4. Click the diagram window. This causes a second object to appear in the diagram window.
5. client the "Create" icon.
6. Click on the first object and drag to the second object. The result is that a Call Stimulus is created between the two objects instead of a create Stimulus.

The second arrow button is the create stimulus.
"I can accept failure, everyone fails at something. But I can't accept not trying."
Editor @ fencing equipment
nielsen522

Return to Poseidon for UML - Older Versions