installation on Vista

Use this forum for general discussion, feature requests or to report problems.

installation on Vista

Postby djhill » Fri Jun 29, 2007 4:11 am

Diring installation of 6.0, I am prompted to select a JVM. None are initially listed, probably because JAVA_HOME is not set (I teach Java classes using multiple JDKs, so I set this as needed for each class).

The "search" button doesn't fimd any of the JDKs installed, including several in the root directory on C:.

"Choose another" allows me to browse, but apparently isn't looking for an installaton folder. I've tried selecting java.exe (in bin) and rt.jar (in jre\lib) with no success (or none that I can confirm ... yet). This browse dialog should be initialized with the specific file it is looking for (or the install wizard should tell the user what to select). When I selected java.exe, at least it showed up in the installation dialog, so I assume that is correct.

Nest issue: the install wants to create links in my home directory. This is Windows - what's wrong with a program group in Start Menu? Or the Desktop?

Next issue: I specified "C:\Program Files\Gentleware\..." as the installation folder. It ignored "Gentleware" and put the Poseidon_6.0xxx folder directly in Program Files.

Anyway, I launched the .bat file in Poseidon's bin folder. Next it asked for license information. I clicked Evaluate (presuming this was for a trial license), and was redirected to a page saying "the location no longer exists". Isn't 6.0 the most current version? How can the "evaluation" page no longer exist? More to the point, how can the latest version ship with a URL embedded somewhere that's incorrect?

I had a prior version of Poseidon on my old laptop (XP Pro), and don't recall having *any* of these kind of problems. Did you hire some anti-Redmond bigots for 6.0?

I'm looking for a modeling tool I can use in classes. Students would also use it, and some of them might convert to paid licenses. Help me out here guys!
djhill

Re: installation on Vista

Postby [gw] Olga Shulgina » Wed Jul 11, 2007 8:54 am

Hello,

Thank you for reporting Poseidon problems on Windows Vista.
Windows Vista is going to be supported in future Poseidon releases.
For the moment Poseidon was carefully tested with Windows XP and early versions.

You can try compatibility mode described here for Windows 2003 on Windows Vista:
http://www.gentleware.com/poseidonfaq.h ... _gwfaq_pi1[section]=18&tx_gwfaq_pi1[question]=124#faq_q124

We apologize for inconveniences connected with the link from the <Evaluate> button in the installer. It is fixed now.
You can also subscribe to Poseidon Community Edition directly from page:
http://www.gentleware.com/uml-software- ... ition.html

Best regards,
Gentleware AG
[gw] Olga Shulgina

Postby Jean15 » Fri Sep 17, 2010 2:27 am

hello,,,!!
[gw] Olga Shulgina...can you sent me some info about the
Poseidon for UML...??
btw..i am newbie her thanks for accepting me ! !
have a nice day..god bless !!

best regardzzzz... :wink:

make money online
Jean15

Postby jimsim66 » Mon Oct 11, 2010 4:15 am

any more updates on the Vista or Win7 compatibility?

Last edited by jimsim66 on Mon Oct 18, 2010 2:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
jimsim66

Postby laila34 » Wed Oct 13, 2010 3:32 am

Same here guys.,
Wanting for any updates!
Thanks..how to deal with depression
laila34

Postby jimmycarter165 » Wed Apr 20, 2011 9:03 am

I am waiting for new updates.
jimmycarter165

Return to Poseidon for UML