apollo eclipse plugin: menu items not showing

Use this forum for general discussion, feature requests or to report problems.

apollo eclipse plugin: menu items not showing

Postby Guest » Tue Jan 16, 2007 7:59 pm

problem:

from within eclipse, when i attempt to view my source code in diagram view by right-clicking on the package name in the package editor and opening the context menu and selecting 'open in diagram view', there is no menu item for 'open in diagram view' and there is no menu item for 'apollo'.

setup:

apollo v1.0.0
eclipse v3.2.1
java v1.5.0_06
mac os x v10.4.8

i have successfully installed apollo as an eclipse plugin (along with calisto and uml2) using eclipse update services.

i have successfully activated the 1 year apollo subscription via the file menu (apollo->open license manager) from within eclipse.

thoughts?

thanks,
aaron

Re: apollo eclipse plugin: menu items not showing

Postby [gw] Jan Koehnlein » Thu Jan 18, 2007 3:18 pm

Please make sure you're really using Java 1.5 to run Apollo on (Help->About Eclipse SDK->Configuration Details->A line saying java.vm.version).

If the problem persists, please file a bug report.
Jan Koehnlein
[gw] Jan Koehnlein

Postby Guest » Thu Jan 18, 2007 8:22 pm

problem solved. eclipse was in 'navigator' view instead of 'package explorer' view.

quick aside: when apollo generates the diagram view, is there a way to have it generate diagrams for external jar files?

thanks,
aaron

Postby [gw] Stefan Haensgen » Wed Jan 31, 2007 3:40 pm

Hi,

you can show diagrams for external jars with Apollo by putting the jar on the build path of your project. Then you open the package in the jar you want to generate a diagram from and finally select 'Open in diagram'. Then it will be reverse engineered and shown the diagram editor. However, you don't have forward engineering when you work with *.class files.

Regards,
Stefan
Stefan Haensgen [Gentleware]
[gw] Stefan Haensgen

Return to Apollo for Eclipse