Forum Readability...

Discussions concerning www.gentleware.com

Forum Readability...

Postby etheriau » Wed Jul 28, 2004 6:47 pm

Hi--

One feature that would make the forums much easier to use would be a feature that would "highlight" new posts. For example, another forum that I partake in is http://www.bblog.com/forum.php, in which the index page highlights the topics with new posts since your last visit. When you select them, all new posts since your last visit have an orange square. This allows me to focus in on what is new very quickly.

The way the forums are on this site, I have to look at the date of the last posts and remember when was the last time I read the posts. Please consider augmenting this. Thanks.

eyt*
Eric Y. Theriault
etheriau

Re: Forum Readability...

Postby [gw] Jan Tietjens » Thu Aug 12, 2004 1:15 pm

Yes you are right, the readability is not so good. We are working on that task.
Hopefully, it will soon be fixed.
Regards,
Jan
Jan Tietjens
[gw] Jan Tietjens

Postby pjo » Thu Sep 27, 2007 10:28 am

Hi,

It seems that the highlight on unread topics is based on the last loging. Is highlighted the topic where a message has been posted since the last loging. It means that the topics highlighted will not be highlighted at the next loging, either the topic has been read or not.

It would be more "clever" from the forum to highlight the topics with messages "not read", instead of topic with messages "posted since the last loging".

What do you think ?

Regards,
PJo
pjo

Return to Website