Newbie - Another inner class question

Discussions about UML in general.

Newbie - Another inner class question

Postby Guest » Fri Jun 03, 2005 3:34 am

Hello! I'm using Poseidon for UML Standard Edition 3.1.

In short: there are no "lines" between my inner class and its containing class in my diagram.

In long: I need to represent that a class "A" contains an inner class "B". I select the class A in the diagram window, then click on the "Add Inner Class" icon in the details window and the inner class is added in the navigation window underneath class A. All is well up to here. Then, I drag my inner class B onto the diagram window. But alas, no line of any type appears connecting class A and class B. Is this normal? Should there be "some" type of line connecting the two (association, directed association, composition, etc)? I'm so new to UML that I have no clue. It just seems strange that there's no line connecting my class A with its inner class B. What should I do?

Thanks!
Warren

Re: Newbie - Another inner class question

Postby [gw] Matthias Köster » Thu Jun 09, 2005 5:14 pm

Hi Warren,

I think you're talking about plus sign in a circle notation that is used in some books to mark classes as inner classes? This is currently not supporte by Poseidon and we don't plan to add it in the near future. But we provide displaying of the namespace of a class, if you follow the conventional java guidelines to capitalize class names this might work for you.

Regards,
Matthias K?ster, Gentleware AG
Matthias Köster [Gentleware]
[gw] Matthias Köster

Return to UML